Avgwarhawk

I just like the pictures...

1,140 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carl_3754 said:

Just assumed the rear wing windows on a Special opened. Odd Buick would take the cheap route even on a Special. It looks like in the picture there is a latch.

What is 200.webp#0-grid1? Can't copy and paste, click on it?

Carl

Its a gif, may not work for all browsers?

It shows on mine though

It may be a tiny URL issue...hereis the full ver:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS/200.webp#0-grid1

See the difference now? Hint, it is above the beltline. And you're right re the back vent, it doesn't open on the Special, does on the Century.

This is BlueBird by the way, Seriously considering selling.

Matts.jpg13.jpg15.jpg

wndsofchng06 and Carl_3754 like this

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

See the difference now? Hint, it is above the beltline. And you're right re the back vent, it doesn't open on the Special, does on the Century.

This is BlueBird by the way, Seriously considering selling.

Matts.jpg13.jpg15.jpg

Maybe I'm bias since my first Buick was medium to darker blue,  but I definitely think the darker colors look better on these cars! 

Depends.  The darker blue with white top and WW tires looks good.  Not so much if the tires were black wall on the darker blue Buick.    Now, the light blue with white top and black wall tires look great to my eye.   WW may throw off the combo of light blue and white top for me.  Poverty caps a must on the light blue Buick and black wall. 

In short, the color combo/tires/hub caps of each is just right IMO. 

MrEarl and wndsofchng06 like this

26 minutes ago, Avgwarhawk said:

Depends.  The darker blue with white top and WW tires looks good.  Not so much if the tires were black wall on the darker blue Buick.    Now, the light blue with white top and black wall tires look great to my eye.   WW may throw off the combo of light blue and white top for me.  Poverty caps a must on the light blue Buick and black wall. 

In short, the color combo/tires/hub caps of each is just right IMO. 

Great minds think alike I was thinking that the darker tires on the lighter car and the lighter tires on the darker car looks better also. But  I also tend to like darker colored cars

MrEarl likes this

Sooo it's a little early, but I was at the thrift store picking up lamps and saw this wreath...

christmas 54.jpg

As for the lamps, I take them apart to make stuff like this...

distributor lamp.jpg

Don't worry, no nailhead parts here, too rare.   These came off a 360 ford that some jerk poured a handful of screws down the intake.... she still ran but barely.

Avgwarhawk likes this