1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

Model 52 body mounts

I'm in the process of lifting the body off the frame on 4door super. I am wondering if I missed a frame mount. It looks like number 5 isn't there. No angle iron or nothing. Should there be 16 mounts on the 50-70 series? Looks like i have the same as a 40-60 series. Any one else run across this?

Sorry I reread your post....you are looking for that extra bracket mount.

I am going to assume that one is only for the converts? The book is a little confusing but the the extra mounts that I was thinking you were missing were the inboard circular ones in the pic mounted in the #6 position. Those ones were the only "inboard" ones I had for a total of 9 a side

8159168484_f7b3ea0ac6.jpg

I pulled 1 at the firewall, 3 at the front door , 1 at the rear door, and 1 over the wheel and 1 above the bumper on each side. Is there another one I can't see or find? When I started to lift at the rocker panel the rear tire started to come off the ground, I just can't see where I may have missed one.

• 5 years later...

So Bringing up my old post, Thanks Bob, It was inside the frame on both sides. Does anyone have a list of types or sizes of replacements? I hear buying the a kit is a no-no and to buy each one separately to get better quality. Who'd a thunk it, I would have gotten this far into it and now even want new mounts, no I didn't document which ones went where.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...