8 posts in this topic

This is my 54 Buick we won it on ebay a few years ago. The car was stock 264 with 3 on the tree. My husband and I drove it until the trany gave out. My husband tried to find someone to fix it but had no luck. So he decided to hot rod it. He is still working on it and I will try to post some pic's.

post-2617-14592820918101_thumb.jpg

post-2617-14592820918336_thumb.jpg

post-2617-14592820918537_thumb.jpg

post-2617-14592820918736_thumb.jpg

AWESOME Patty54b!!!!! And welcome!!!! Hopefully you and your husband will join us here. Please drop back and introduce yourselves as we are all family here and all about semper fi, kinda like the U.S. Marines. Can't wait to see and hear more about this custom job. :buba:

Patty, I like the set up of the what looks to be a 4-link and related brackets on the X frame. What happened to the 3 speed manual transmission? Did it grenade completely?

Hi and thanks for your welcoming me to this forum. The transmission would not stay in gear. We tried to find someone to fix it but had no luck. So the only thing that my husband could do was to change the transmission and rear end. He has had a hard time finding parts for it but it is coming along ok. He found gas tank straps the other day and they came so he is planing to install the tank this weekend. I will try to post some pictures of that.

I this is patty's husband Bill. Patty told me that I should and some info about the car so here goes. I don't have the tranny anymore or the rear end. All of the 3-speed parts are gone but I still have the original column in the car with the column shifter. When I installed the rear end ( 9" ford) I used arms from a 65 chevy truck with coil overs. Here some better pic's. I do need some help with the brakes. I'am using a corvette master cylinder under the floor where the original one was. I would like to mount the master cylinder and a buster on the fire wall. I have searched the internet for info but have not found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stub the front some day and have updated suspension and power steering.

post-2617-14592820927847_thumb.jpg

post-2617-1459282092807_thumb.jpg

post-2617-14592820928269_thumb.jpg

wndsofchng06 likes this

ah, nice job! Trailing arms with coil overs, the car will handle 1000 times better. What kind of tranny and engine are you putting in there? It's very cool to have a nailhead and there are lot's of tranny adapters. The Dynaflow and torque tube was neat in it's day, but it is too washy for mountain roads- although it is good in a straight line!

Then the debate will be a floor shift, let us know what you do.:hi:

There is a seller on e-bay that has a complete power brake conversion for 54 Buick.                                                                                                                                         https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Buick-Power-Brake-Conversion-Master-Cylinder-Booster-Special-Century-54/132326183992?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649