1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

racepoint 54 buick special Wagon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi Al soon i will be back here on the highway and i will share the whole story its almost 4 years now so its time I'l be back

this week i did get my exhaust manifolds back they were out for cleaning and ceramic coating its titanium color i think it looks good and now there protected against rust

Been on and off on the forum lately and I have not been able to learn to navigate this new layout to the fullest! Somehow I missed this post.  Sorry to see Miss Caroline go, we enjoyed her too since t

Posted Images

Andre, how will you approach this Buick? Customize some or work towards original as possible?

actually I do not know chris

I want to see the car first and then see what I do

original is nice but I'm not a fan of the color buick green

perhaps as good as the original except for the color, both interior and exterior

we will see

but I'll be glad when he's in the Netherlands

CONGRATULATIONS Andre!!! The next best thing for me to buying and owning a 54 Buick for myself is finding and helping find one a good home. So glad we, with the help of a good Buick club friend could pull this one off. I gotta say though I have never had such a hard time buying a '54 in my life. Begged the seller to call me and pleaded for more info and better description. Like pulling eye teeth. I was 'bout to give up when Mark stepped up and literally just located the address and paid the seller a visit.

And regarding a name. Surely there is something better than MrEal. How about "PaddyWagon" or "Dragon Wagon" or "li'l red wagon" or since '54 was the first year of the all steel wagon "Steel Wagon" or since you got if for a steal "Steal Wagon" :wink2:

Harley. The wagon looks like he should be named Harley.

I too had thought that. So that is it. Not Mr Earl but rather Harley. Although Ned Nickles had more to do with the 1954 designs than Harley Earl, Harley was still around and I am sure put his stamp of approval on the new all steel wagons. So Harley fits very well.

I too had thought that. So that is it. Not Mr Earl but rather Harley. Although Ned Nickles had more to do with the 1954 designs than Harley Earl, Harley was still around and I am sure put his stamp of approval on the new all steel wagons. So Harley fits very well.

First trophy for Madam Maybelle and she is not finished yet.

so be it

harley thats a good name

thanks everybody for helping me find a good name

But Harley and Miss Caroline sounds good

Glad you like the name. It came to me as I was taking my evening walk. Sometimes we can think too much on something and then when we stop thinking, the answer appears!