• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unexpected Best of Show

All good, Almendrón good 2.. thank you all for concerns

Almendrón latest pictures, March 2018

Posted Images

I like!!! What are you using for the panels on the underside of the trunk lid? My underside is just painted. I really want to look closer to original.

It is the same material I used for roof and floor insulation. I used the left over pieces cut to fit. Don't remember if I bought it on Ebay or Amazon.

post-2110-14592821690563_thumb.jpg

Kick panels done (Thanks Madam Maybelle for the patterns), polishing one more time, radials-bias look waiting......

Don't thank me .....thank MrEarl. He did all the hard work making that pattern. I just had the easy part in forwarding you a copy!

Looking real good! Which tires did you end up with? I'm looking at several now and leaning towards the Diamondback radials. Wheels are another issue...

:

Don't thank me .....thank MrEarl. He did all the hard work making that pattern. I just had the easy part in forwarding you a copy!

Looking real good! Which tires did you end up with? I'm looking at several now and leaning towards the Diamondback radials. Wheels are another issue...

I went with the American Classic, by Coker, 800RX15 radials bias look. I got a quote from Diamondback but did not like the modern tread design even thought the would make me a 2.5 inch white wall that I wanted. The 3 1/2" whitewall is the only thing I did not like about the American Classic. I will mount them on my original wheels which will be sandblasted and powder coated in red. I know the kick panels suppose to have a little carpet down there but I covered them solid and they look good. Thank you both Mr. Earl and Madam M.:new_russian:

Unobtainium. Called Coker last week and found that those wheels are not in production at this time. Maybe sometime next summer. Did a lot more calling around the country with the same answer. :girl_mad:

On to Plan B or C..... The original steel wheels or the original 54 Kelsey Hayes?

Unobtainium. Called Coker last week and found that those wheels are not in production at this time. Maybe sometime next summer. Did a lot more calling around the country with the same answer. :girl_mad:

On to Plan B or C..... The original steel wheels or the original 54 Kelsey Hayes?

This was posted by El Diablo about a year ago! did he sell them?

Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels

My wife is pregnant and I had to make a decision: Having four supernice Wire Wheels - all original and made for 1954 - in the basement or buying a new professional camera for making great pictures of my doughter. Here is the result:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1954-Buick-Wi...m=161471035059

Set of 4 - overall good condition (need to be rechromed) - 1490 USD plus shipping.

This was posted by El Diablo about a year ago! did he sell them?

Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels

My wife is pregnant and I had to make a decision: Having four supernice Wire Wheels - all original and made for 1954 - in the basement or buying a new professional camera for making great pictures of my doughter. Here is the result:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1954-Buick-Wi...m=161471035059

Set of 4 - overall good condition (need to be rechromed) - 1490 USD plus shipping.

I already have a set of very nice 54 wire wheels. Do need to be rechromed to be show quality. Figured it would be cheaper (and safer!) to go with the new repro wire wheels that don't require tubes and have that safety bead. Oh, don't forget to add in the spinners, lug bolts, and valve stems to that big sticker price on the non-existent wheels!

What was the material used for the kick panels. Not the blue covering but the material that was cut to shape the kick panels?

Chris, I used the same cardboard as the door panels, don't know the thickness but they are very sturdy. The cardboard was supplied by the upholster shop that did my door panels. If need be I can measure the thickness.

If you are striving for correctness, a more correct looking material is available for the trunk lid panels...as is a reproduction firewall pad.

I should shoot my self on the foot! When my body man did my trunk lid, he had the skin off a perfect time to replace the padding as a whole sheet. Pressed for time, I could not find the material and we reassembled without anything in between. I think CARS have this but I'm almost running on empty ($). I did not want to cut any corners but did not want to throw away left over of the insulation material either. I guess I can replace at anytime!

Thanks for the tip. You have a Sharp eye.

Chris, I used the same cardboard as the door panels, don't know the thickness but they are very sturdy. The cardboard was supplied by the upholster shop that did my door panels. If need be I can measure the thickness.

No need to measure. I'm looking to replace my kick panels and wondered what material you used. I can get sturdy cardboard and cover.

Thanks!

I should shoot my self on the foot! When my body man did my trunk lid, he had the skin off a perfect time to replace the padding as a whole sheet. Pressed for time, I could not find the material and we reassembled without anything in between. I think CARS have this but I'm almost running on empty ($). I did not want to cut any corners but did not want to throw away left over of the insulation material either. I guess I can replace at anytime!

Thanks for the tip. You have a Sharp eye.

This what you need: https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.aspx?Item=B-5010-F30

I have enough left over for a few more cars (panels only)...contact me if interested.

Willie

and if you really want to get it "correct" the originals were installed before the paint. The material is so absorbent it usually absorbed most of the paint but on some it can still be seen.

Well, I guess points will be deducted! But is ok, I was not building a show car. Just want a clean, most correct driver.... Haha! ...maybe the next one....54 Roady ragtop? .... Keep dreaming Al!