• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unexpected Best of Show

All good, Almendrón good 2.. thank you all for concerns

Almendrón latest pictures, March 2018

Posted Images

She looks great in front of the Avalon! Let's photoshop a bit and place her back in a aged photo taken in 1954!!!!!

You deserve all the accolades. Fantastic representation of a 1954 Buick! Job well done!

IMG_0566_zpszz58jizb.jpg

Another rendering

Back in time

Thanks Chris

post-2110-1459282175539_thumb.jpg

Chris, don't know the name of the pattern cloth, all I know is that this is the original color and pattern that I ordered from SMS which took about 5 months to arrive. They told me they manufacture to order and believe me it was not cheap about $90.00 a yard and it took 5 yards to cover the "sofa" seats. Perhaps some one with the interior book can tell me the name of the cloth for knowledge sake. The vinyls were bought locally to match except the square pattern on the back of the front seat that also was ordered thru SMS. The upholstery guy is from Honduras and did a super job. Don't know if the experts around here picked up on the color in which I reversed the color combination of the vinyl. I used the dark blue where the original light blue vinyl used to be. This was intentionally done since the guy ordered more of the dark blue vinyl. After all I liked better since the door panels had the dark blue on top as original now creating sort of a uniform wrapped around look.

Dark Blue Pattern Cloth lower left next to Light Blue Cordaveen on lower right. Cavalier Blue top left next to Arctic White top right. Kowpi upper most center.

And that is the car! Entered 2nd show, judged event next Sunday! Keep you guys posted!

And what's with the cat?

Lamar...didn't you told me once that your definition of a cat scan was looking for kitty?

Well guys on my second show 1st, 2nd & 3rd place were taken by 3 resto mode 50's car on my class. The cars were valued at $200,000 @. This show was not sponsored by my club aaca and they did not take originality in consideration however I got my 1st trophy due to club participation. I guess this is a start. looking forward to a judged event with the right classification.

post-2110-1459282175902_thumb.jpg

Well guys on my second show 1st, 2nd & 3rd place were taken by 3 resto mode 50's car on my class. The cars were valued at $200,000 @. This show was not sponsored by my club aaca and they did not take originality in consideration however I got my 1st trophy due to club participation. I guess this is a start. looking forward to a judged event with the right classification.

Resto-mods and original are not remotely in the same class. This you know. Such as it is, having a good day with your car is all what it is about.

Resto-mods and original are not remotely in the same class. This you know. Such as it is, having a good day with your car is all what it is about.

And family, you know how Hispanics families are, we all bunch together for everything!

post-2110-14592821759243_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821759478_thumb.jpg

And family, you know how Hispanics families are, we all bunch together for everything!

Well, it was 46 degrees. Sharing body heat! Sharing with family and enjoying the day beats any trophy. I predict many fun days with this Buick.

As far as shows and winning....expect it when you least expect it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Excellent! Your weather looks much better than mine!

Not today Chris. Started nice an sunny but ended with a big drench, that's Florida weather for you. Found out that with all new rubber, I'm getting some water inside the car specially through the front doors. Spent couple of hours drying everything once back in the garage. I notice that new rubber is not as thick heavy as the originals. The bright side is I got second place on my class, second to a 57 chevy drag racer which I don't understand why the organizers included it on the 50's class and not on the modify class. I was not looking for anything but it feels good, I'll take 2nd anytime.

post-2110-14592821787349_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821787566_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821787786_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821787983_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821788177_thumb.jpg

post-2110-14592821788382_thumb.jpg

Did you install J Seals on the front doors?

It all depends on the promoters how they want to separate era, OEM and hot rod. I have been to shows were era was split down the middle. 1935-1944, 1945-1954, 1955-1964 and so on. Usually it is 1940-1949, 1950-1959, and so on. All mixed with modified and OEM. No rhyme or reason really. Most shows I have attended the voting was completed by others who have entered the cars into the show.

Is there any shows in your area that are unmodified OEM cars?