Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unexpected Best of Show

All good, Almendrón good 2.. thank you all for concerns

Almendrón latest pictures, March 2018

Posted Images

Al,

Madam and I are praying for the safety of you, your family, and Almendron.  

Those prayers also go out to all of our Buick Forum family that have been or will be affected by these hurricanes.  There has been too much heartache this past year with wildfires, flooding, and severe storms.

Maybelle.

4 hours ago, stealthbob said:

Well done, that should really help to protect from blowing objects

How high are you, is storm surge a concern for your location?

Hope you, your family and all you know to make it through all this safely.

I'm 14 to 17 feet above sea level don't think I will experience any storm surge or flooding but took the car to higher ground was concerned about wind damage. Family and home are secured and the system moved west and we are no longer on direct path. Better news

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, elpad said:

About 3 Franklins. Had one from Napa but only 400 cranking needed twice as much

That is what I thought.   I use the NAPA battery with 400 CCA.  No issues starting the 264.   However it has half the life of the 800 CCA battery you have purchased.  Plus, it looks period correct with the Delco caps.    So,  in 2 years I need to  purchase a new NAPA battery at $100.00 or  purchase the $300.00 800 CCA battery and it will last 4 years or maybe 5.   Time is money as they say!    

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I got mine at O'Reilly auto parts for under $100 in stock at the local store, but it's not a Delco with the nifty caps

Does O'Reilly sell the long battery  3EE:

I installed this battery:

23770.jpg

Purchased the Delco sticker(ebay) and presto!   Duracell battery looking Delco battery.  

Ti8YGi0.jpg  

2 hours ago, Avgwarhawk said:

That is what I thought.   I use the NAPA battery with 400 CCA.  No issues starting the 264.   However it has half the life of the 800 CCA battery you have purchased.  Plus, it looks period correct with the Delco caps.    So,  in 2 years I need to  purchase a new NAPA battery at $100.00 or  purchase the $300.00 800 CCA battery and it will last 4 years or maybe 5.   Time is money as they say!    

Started at the first cranck! Just got tired of replacing Napa batteries. Twice in about 2 years even with a trickle charger and the car is almost never driven. I found out that the Napa batteries were made for some sort of tow motor used at the airport that’s why they stocked the same. Anyways they would not hold the charge.

Just now, elpad said:

Started at the first cranck! Just got tired of replacing Napa batteries. Twice in about 2 years even with a trickle charger and the car is almost never driven. I found out that the Napa batteries were made for some sort of tow motor used at the airport that’s why they stocked the same. Anyways they would not hold the charge.

Yes, the 3EE from NAPA and others are for forklift/tow motors.   The batteries are run in series for this type of equipment.   I got 2 1/2 years out of the last NAPA battery.   I did ok with that battery.  Never failed me but the generator was working overtime.  I knew the battery was on the way out.  I never trickle charged it. I do so with the new 3EE Duracell I just installed.   When this one goes I'll purchase the 800 CCA 4-5 year battery.