JUSPASSINTHRU

My 54 Special, Phase 2 check it out!

20 posts in this topic

Ok, now she's lowered, has functional lakepipes and12" glasspack mufflers, wheels painted red and new 50's style flying saucer hubcaps.custom flame paint coming soon! Still drives like a dream!whatcha think fellas?

2016-01-04%2021.08.21_zpsisgk8aeg.jpg

HEY I saw your Special and the ladies in the back seat on Instagram. I'm 1954buick

Did I read another gram that someone had a flat tire, maybe on the Special?

She is looking good, not too extreme, just right!!

Maybe consider some ghost flames coming out of the portholes. But they have got to be done right or not at all. Have a picture of a Roadmaster with them, will see if I can find it if interested,

HEY I saw your Special and the ladies in the back seat on Instagram. I'm 1954buick

Did I read another gram that someone had a flat tire, maybe on the Special?

She is looking good, not too extreme, just right!!

Maybe consider some ghost flames coming out of the portholes. But they have got to be done right or not at all. Have a picture of a Roadmaster with them, will see if I can find it if interested,

yep we had a flat over an hour from home at 3am...

tow truck lifted it up to swap the tire, back in business.

ooohhhh bet that was a party spoiler for awhile. Front or rear tire? those rears can be hard to get out if not all the way jacked up. Nail in tire or ?

Any chance of posting a picture of underneath showing how you got BOTH lake pipes plumbed? The left side surely presents a challenge!

She looks cool. It is nice to see a 48D all black. She looks kind of sinister! The 264 should have a good growl from the pipes. My 48D was originally all black but the original owner paid the dealer to have the roof painted white before she took delivery.

Any chance of posting a picture of underneath showing how you got BOTH lake pipes plumbed? The left side surely presents a challenge!

This is nothing short of a work of art hahaha

my exhaust guy spent all day on it, he used a Y pipe on one side, with 2 12" glasspack mufflers.we ran them backwards for sound these type have the lifted scale type baffles and when fipped give it the perfect growl.

I did not want straight pipes and obnoxious, just a nice classy 50's rumble.

I am very pleased with it.

ATT_1452217226634_FB_IMG_1452216560479_zpsiwlbbvtf.jpg

Wow, that's creative. I like it. Does it hit the torque tube in suspension travel?

Thank you for the kind words guys, most of today's exhaust guys would not even attempt it.It takes someone not only skilled, but someone who understands the soul an old car has...I am lucky and have that guy local to me. It doesn't hit the torque tube even with 4 people aboard and on a 3 hour drive.

very cool! I see you kept the low brake master. The 264 is a great motor. The only issue is the rebuild pistons are for the 322 and I have been told that you can't bore the 264 out that far. The blocks look identical otherwise.

I can see any of the posted pictures. Keep getting message "update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". Is there something on this site I need to enable or on the browser?

JUSPASSINTHRU is using Photobucket for his photos. It looks like as if he needs to update his Photobucket account.

MrEarl likes this

I'd like to see the pics of his exhaust since I was thinking of doing something similar. I'll send him and email to see if he responds. Thanks El Diablo!

he may can furnish some pictures but am pretty sure he sold the car some time back

I sent him a message through this forum so hopefully it gets to his email. He hasn't been on here since 2016 so not sure if I'll get a response.

That's why I just attach the photos into my posts that way they are always available. I've been to a ton of threads where the pictures are no longer accessible because they've been removed, account no longer active, or host site problems. :)