Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charleshane

under hood lighting accessory

5 posts in this topic

I have been interested in the under hood light thats fitted to my century , it looks as if its been there since new.the wiring to it has suffered more than the rest of the car and although it was working it needed rewiring someone had spliced a piece of wire in to close for it to short out, I removed it from the inner fender and opened the case, it has an extendable spool inside for reaching all over the engine bay, the wire is in sound condition and to repair it only means pulling some wire out.I looked on the case and imprinted it has john hobbs springfield, a google search brings up john w hobbs corp. An auto accessories manufacturer. 1938- 2009

20170613_202656.jpg

20170613_202706.jpg

20170613_202644.jpg

20170613_202724.jpg

wndsofchng06 and MrEarl like this

3 hours ago, Father Buick said:

Not an original accessory, but if you like it, keep it!

I didnt think IT was factory fitted but ITs from the 50s thoUgh right? Although I cant see any photos on the net of this particular one.

MrEarl likes this

It is odd the things previous owners did with their Buicks.   Mine has the antenna on the passenger side fender.  It also has the original radio.  I venture a guess the radio was dealer installed as well as then antenna.  The mechanic took the easy route for the antenna.  Just conjecture. 

MrEarl and charleshane like this