1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

1954 Buick Roadmaster power brakes rebuild kit or upgrade

Hello! I'm looking for power brakes rebuild kit or whole new unit (booster + master cylinder) for 1954 Roadmaster. Book says that part number for rebuild kit is 1391865 or 1392062 and booster number is 5454800. I'm also thinking about upgrading to something more modern and more reliable, any suggestions? I wan't to keep the engine bay stock, so mounting booster on the firewall is not an option.

Did anyone try this? It says that it's bolt on with some minor modifications.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Buick-Super-Roadmaster-Power-Brake-Booster-Master-Cylinder/112568297939?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, sorry for being slow. Yes I bought that upgraded setup from eBay. As you can see it's mounted on the frame but car is still under restoration, so I can't tell anything elese about how it works. Installation was rather straight foreward, only one hole has to be drilled in the crossmember part of the frame. I just had to make my own brake lines as those included in the set were not useful.

IMG_5313.JPG

IMG_5314.JPG

• 1 year later...