1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

Buick Poor Resale

Our 54 Buicks continue to loose value.  I love my Buick but it seems no one else does.  Everyone who sees my Buick loves it.  The problem is that they don't love it enough to offer a decent price.  Right now I have more than twice as much in the car then I will ever be able to sell it for.  As every year goes by it becomes worth less and less.  On Ebay right now there is a beautiful Super for sale.  Asking price is $11,500 or best offer.  You can buy the car for less than $9,000.  Not that I am planning to sell my Buick soon, but it does make you wonder who in 5 to 10 years will have any interest in our cars.  You will have to pay someone to take the car.  It is too bad, but the world has passed us and our cars by.  So, I guess, you should drive your Buick until you drop and let your family deal with the selling of the car.  That's what I plan to do.

For me, I never thought my Buicks to be an investment. I purchased them to enjoy until I can not drive any longer. The Buicks are my hobby.  I do not golf, fish or the like.  My family can get what they can when sold or possibly just keep them for themselves.  Until then I enjoy my hobby and do not think about what each are worth or the money I put into each.  All hobbies come with a cost and a majority of them are losing propositions as well.  

As they say there are two happiest days of a boat owners life.  The day  he purchases the boat and the day he sells it.   Much can be said with some RV owners. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 6:37 AM, Avgwarhawk said:

For me, I never thought my Buicks to be an investment. I purchased them to enjoy until I can not drive any longer. The Buicks are my hobby.  I do not golf, fish or the like.  My family can get what they can when sold or possibly just keep them for themselves.  Until then I enjoy my hobby and do not think about what each are worth or the money I put into each.  All hobbies come with a cost and a majority of them are losing propositions as well.  

As they say there are two happiest days of a boat owners life.  The day  he purchases the boat and the day he sells it.   Much can be said with some RV owners. 

Hear Hear!