1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

PLEASE READ-GUIDE TO INTRODUCTIONS

We want the 1954 Buick Forum to be a place where folks gather to not only talk about their cars but also to get to know each other and build long lasting friendships. To that end, we feel it is important to learn a little about who you are. So please tell us about yourself, your family, where you are, what you do when not playing with your 54, and where, why and when did you fall in love with the ’54 Buick.

When posting in the Introductions Forum for the first time, please include in the Subject line what country or state you are from. This will help newcomers see if there is anyone near them on the forum.  :)

Save your car info and stories for the next forum down, THE BUICK SHOWROOM

• 8 years later...

Hey folks! I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada! I picked up a 54 special 4 dr sedan. I'm trying to get the brakes working,they are power! I've by passed the elec motor and it seems the vacuum is pulling the master cylinder on! Any suggestions? 

• 1 month later...

Just saw the post for the first time for some reason the old site format was easier to keep up with, or I'm still learning this site. Anyways welcoming you and your 54 Special. When you can please post pictures of your ride

• 4 years later...
On 4/13/2008 at 8:25 AM, El Diablo said:

We want the 1954 Buick Forum to be a place where folks gather to not only talk about their cars but also to get to know each other and build long lasting friendships. To that end, we feel it is important to learn a little about who you are. So please tell us about yourself, your family, where you are, what you do when not playing with your 54, and where, why and when did you fall in love with the ’54 Buick.

When posting in the Introductions Forum for the first time, please include in the Subject line what country or state you are from. This will help newcomers see if there is anyone near them on the forum.  :)

Save your car info and stories for the next forum down, THE BUICK SHOWROOM

Hello, I have a 54 Special 2dr Hardtop 46R that is requiring a lot of work to get her back on the road.  With some help from members and owners I hope to find information that I have not yet found online.      I have had the vehicle for ten years and taking my time to fix her right.

I am sorry, I was a little remiss in my intro.  I live in Sparks, NV.  My wife and I purchased the 54 sown in Fillmore, CA in 2010 and I have been slowly working on getting it back together.  I am 73 and the only good cars are the reliable classics and oldies as far as I am concerned.  I am retired from the Federal Govt and retired from the military reserves with 36 years.  I tell every that I am a 73 yr old man in a 16 yr old body with a 6 yr old mind, and I don't get many arguments which is ok with me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • MrEarl locked this topic