1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

Here it is, the second Wildcat II. We had a Skylark Club get together in Arizona combined with the local Buick Club. There was only 1 Wildcat, but GM allowed molds of the parts so this is the second one, albeit not a real one. Built on a 1954 Corvette. They do want it ready for Iowa, but that might not happen!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

:spiteful:Even as a clone, I suspect this car could be worth some major bucks. It is going to be modified from the original. First off, no Dynaflow, 4 speed automatic. The motor is black, he doesn't think the teal works and it has the offy mods and it is built. He is putting on fuel injection.

Since there is only 1 original, I'm good with the "restomod". This will look like the original- not sure what color he will paint it. It will be much faster and better handling. He is building it for fun, even as a clone it is absolutely incredible. Don't think you will see it for sale for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

:blum3:Well, it is official that it will be completed for the 2013 nationals in South Bend Indiana. Extra treat- the original one will be there too.:popcorm2:

Not much difference in appearance at this point, but it appears that it will get hilborn fuel injection.

post-1518-14592820212065_thumb.jpg

post-1518-14592820212294_thumb.jpg

post-1518-14592820212533_thumb.jpg

post-1518-14592820212753_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

:wink2:so here is the latest- powder coated frame and ready to assemble. Buick is not sending the original one to the nationals, which I think is a huge mistake from my point of view. Apparently it gets rented out for huge bucks and BCA doesn't have the coin. I think it's a huge marketing opportunity, but what do I know. At any rate, this is the next thing to it.

This one is alone is worth the trip to South Bend, the ultimate buick prototype, the Wildcat II.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...