1954 Buick Forum - the 54 Buick Highway

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more, Lonesome Dollar by Big Sandy and His Fly Rite boys I can identify with....:dash1: You get that way from working on old Buicks

03 Bad Reputation.mp3

02 Lord, Whiskey.mp3

03 Please Mama, Please.mp3

07 All I Can Do Is Cry.mp3

04 Five-O-Ford.mp3

10 Yes (I Feel Sorry for You).mp3

11 Lonesome Dollar.mp3

15 Slide-O-Rama!.mp3

07 PBR.mp3

03 She's a Motormouth.mp3

These aren't car related, just songs I like......it seems I have a strange taste in music from all over the spectrum. I have some more coming later that are different from these

04 Her Hair Is a Mess.mp3

06 Hand it to ME.mp3

01 School of Rock'n Roll.mp3

08 Catalina.mp3

09 The Bedroom Again.mp3

01 Spend a Night in the Box.mp3

10 The Money Tree.mp3

OK, every Punk rocker and Surf Guitar player owes a debt of Gratitude to this man here. Link Wray had a couple of hits in the mid 50's with "Rumble" and "Jack the Ripper" but he only had 1 lung and his voice was never that good to begin with so he never was a singer, thus his fame was short lived. They tried a number of different times thru the years but no body could make a star of this very talented and inventive musician. In the 50's he was trying new stuff all the time including poking pencils through the cones on the speakers in his amps to "rough up" the sound. Gave it what he called "fuzz tone". Any way, anyone that ever played Punk rock or Surf Rock or ever distorted the sound their guitar makes owes a thanks to Link Wray

07 Jack the Ripper.mp3

10 Run Chicken Run.mp3

01 Rumble.mp3

05 Ramble.mp3

Man I have to say its great to get this diverse posting of tunes....I always liked the sound of Link Wray just didn't really know the back story.

Thanks for sharing your slice of music interest....I think it really gets to the core of who we all are so in essence it's a way to share a glimpse into your own soul.

Yea a little too deep for a car board but we are "Buick folk" aren't we..:yes:

Rush, love em!!!!!!!!!! Saw them on the Snakes and Arrows tour about 2 1/2 years ago. They played "Subdivisions" worth the $80 I paid to see them just for that one song! They are AWESOME live. You wouldn't have a copy of "Trees" around there would you? You didn't get the chance to see them this past summer when they were touring the Moving Pictures album did you?. I would have loved to have seen that, they were one of my favorites when I was in High School. Here is another couple of my favorites from back in the day

02 Tough It Out.mp3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Coldplay's Clocks Royksopp remix. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm into the electronic techno genre.

<object height="193" width="294">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVPJMMwzIC8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="193" width="294"></object>

clocks royksopp mp3 download